Friday, December 24, 2010

Let your heart be light.

Well, things very rarely go as planned. do they?

A week ago, I was running around getting ready for a busy holiday. Today I am back on bed rest--AGAIN. It appears that my cervix (like myself) is TOO SHORT and I have to try and take some pressure off of it. It doesn't help that baby Anne is sitting right on top of things, kicking merrily away.

So we're looking at a very different holiday this year. I won't be going to church. I won't be making cookies or visiting family. I'll be lying on my left side on the couch or in bed with a pillow under my rear.

"Christmas is CANCELED," said James, half-jokingly.

But I don't think it is, really. It's amazing how a situation like this makes you realize what the season is truly about. I don't care about presents or trappings. I have my husband and right now I have my baby and we are all safe and well. And hopefully, next year Anne will be here and at least this particular trouble will be out of sight.

Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you, James, and Baby Anne (are you really going to name her Anne?!) are having a wonderful Christmas together. I am thinking of you all, and sending you all the love and good wishes the internet can convey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're really going to name her Anne! We're pretty sure we're going to call her Anouk, though, as a nickname. It just fits her rowdy personality (what we know of it so far.)

    Thank you for the wonderful wishes and MERRY CHRISTMAS! I love that both of your girls are old enough this year to really understand and really enjoy it and can't wait to see your pics.

    ReplyDelete