Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh my GOSH, today is turning out to be an amazing day for me professionally. A new client AND now another agent wants to read the first 3 chapters of my novel!

Here is the letter that I got today:

Dear Catherine,
Thank you for your letter regarding your novel, Citizen Kate. Because of the high volume of submissions received, PMA is quite selective about which projects we decide to review.
Oh no, I'm thinking. Another rejection. 
However, in this case, we would like to take a look at your work.

Woo hoo!

Please send a 30-40 page sample of your book to us at your earliest convenience, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope for our reply. You should also enclose a brief, one page synopsis and author biography, and a self-addressed, stamped return envelope or box for all materials that you wish to have returned. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to write, email or call. We look forward to reading your work.

Sincerely,

AGENT!

Even if nothing comes from this, at least I can tell myself that my writing was sound enough to get noticed by professionals. And that feels pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Two agents showing interest - that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete